Job Title: BMET Instructor
Medisend College is seeking an experienced and qualified Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) instructor. The successful candidate will instruct students in Biomedical Engineering Technology Program on medical operation, maintenance and repairs, enhance the current and develop new course curriculum, advise students, supervise projects, and participate in departmental and college activities. The criteria for selection of the candidates include a proven track record in healthcare customer training and support, and instruction.
- Instruct students on topics such as medical equipment technology, medical device installation/operation, engineering principles, and troubleshooting and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Instruct student to perform scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on a wide range of biomedical equipment devices.
- Instruct students on how to perform operational, safety, and performance tests of clinical equipment.
- Help prepare and developing a new curriculum.
- Modify and keep current course curriculum, laboratory procedures and demonstrations for a continuing education program that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters and support field activities as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or electronics or related fields. Bachelors or higher degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in maintenance and repair work on a wide range of hospital equipment.
- CBET certification highly preferred.
- Past experience as an instructor or trainer preferred.
- Strong computer operation and computer networking skills including proficiency with common office software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.