1 of 1
Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
Applicants are invited to apply for a full-time position as Instructor, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Biomedical Equipment/Engineering Technology. Responsibilities will include academic instruction at the undergraduate level, development of new course curricula, development and maintenance of a research program, student counseling, project supervision and participation in departmental and school activities.
Applicants are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching and to playing an active role in the development of strong educational programs. The criteria for selection includes a proven history of teaching in the healthcare industry, with hands-on experience and work with biomedical equipment.
- Teach undergraduate courses in Biomedical Instrumentation, Medical Imaging equipment, Clinical Instrumentation, Networking Technologies, and Healthcare Technology Management. The courses will have significant hands-on laboratory components in conjunction with lecture sessions and customer support.
- Prepare and develop course curricula, lab manuals or suitable projects.
- Perform administrative and supervisory work associated with the department.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters and support field activities as requested by management.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies in addition to medical, technical and biomedical developments related to medical products.
- Participate in departmental, school and professional service activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in higher education in biomedical equipment/ engineering technology, healthcare technology management or related subjects.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in healthcare industry with emphasis on radiology and general biomedical equipment maintenance, medical physics or healthcare management.
- A degree (Masters or higher) in biomedical/clinical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics, or a closely related field.
- Healthcare industry experience, teaching and/or curriculum development experience, customer support, research potential, and ability to work with others are preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use them in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
- Advanced computer and networking knowledge, able to diagnose and repair hardware/software/networking problems.
- Knowledge of organizational development, team management and technical, medical and financial subjects are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for this position:
- A letter of application addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities, and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching.
- A detailed résumé or a current curriculum vita that emphasizes educational preparation, professional experience, and abilities related to the position.
For further inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.