The Distance Learning Programs Instructor/Coordinator coordinates with and makes recommendations to the Program Director, the President and the Chief Academic Officer.
The Distance Learning Programs Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of the pedagogy, technology, equipment and supplies used in the delivery of Distance Learning instruction, both remote and online. The Distance Learning Programs Coordinator will make recommendations to the Program Director, the President and the Chief Academic Officer regarding the professional development, technology, equipment and other needs of the Distance Learning programs and will serve as a faculty member in those programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with and make recommendations to the Program Director, the President and the Chief Academic Officer.
- Make decisions regarding instructional design of courses delivered via Distance Learning.
- Oversee the implementation of all Distance Learning courses.
- Instruct students in various aspects of Biomedical Equipment Technology, Information Technology and/or electronics
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices in Distance Learning program delivery modalities and the most effective technology in support of such programs.
- Maintain current knowledge and competence in the field of Biomedical Equipment Technology.
- Develop and maintain contacts in the Biomedical Equipment Technology industry and actively participate in the program advisory process.
- Make recommendations to Program Director, President and Chief Academic Officer and assist with implementation of professional development in support of Distance Learning programs.
- Actively participate in initiatives to maintain college-wide accreditation and approval from all relevant oversight organizations.
- Participate in program review and assessment of both the discipline and the delivery modalities.
- Participate in the ongoing development of student resources and student support services.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the President, including personal and professional growth plans.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- 3 years’ experience as a Biomedical Equipment Technician, Field Service Engineer or other related experience.
- 3 years’ experience in a Distance Learning program as an instructional designer, a faculty member or program administrator for technical and/or vocational programs.
- Associate Degree in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with Canvas LMS.
Medisend College is seeking an experienced and qualified Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) instructor. The successful candidate will instruct students in Biomedical Engineering Technology Program on medical operation, maintenance and repairs, enhance the current and develop new course curriculum, advise students, supervise projects, and participate in departmental and college activities. The criteria for selection of the candidates include a proven track record in healthcare customer training and support, and instruction.
- Instruct students on topics such as medical equipment technology, medical device installation/operation, engineering principles, and troubleshooting and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Instruct student to perform scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on a wide range of biomedical equipment devices.
- Instruct students on how to perform operational, safety, and performance tests of clinical equipment.
- Help prepare and developing a new curriculum.
- Modify and keep current course curriculum, laboratory procedures and demonstrations for a continuing education program that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters and support field activities as requested by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or electronics or related fields. Bachelors or higher degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in maintenance and repair work on a wide range of hospital equipment.
- CBET certification highly preferred.
- Past experience as an instructor or trainer preferred.
- Strong computer operation and computer networking skills including proficiency with common office software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.