Medisend College is seeking an experienced, high caliber instructor in the field of biomedical engineering technology. The successful candidate will provide quality instruction, enhance the current curriculum, develop new courses, advise students, supervise projects and participate in departmental and school activities. The criteria for selection of the candidates include a proven track record in healthcare customer training and support and instruction.
The successful candidate should have the ability to effectively teach classes in the following area(s):
- Radiographic and Imaging Systems function, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- General medical equipment function, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Computer Hardware/IT Networking operation and troubleshooting
- Teach courses from the approved curriculum in biomedical instrumentation, with significant hands-on experience in conjunction with lecture sessions and customer training support.
- Prepare, develop and execute curricula and training content on a continuous basis.
- Maintain expertise in the subject area and recommend improvements in curriculum design
- Maintain an organized and properly equipped class and laboratory center.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Perform administrative and supervisory work associated with the department.
- Participate in departmental, school and professional service activities.
- Comply with the U.S. FDA, Joint Commission regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology/Electronics/IT/Computer Science or Certified Instructor with the DoD BMET School.
- At least 5 years of recent experience in radiology/imaging modalities as an Imaging Support Technician/Field Service Engineer.
- Strong computer operation and computer networking skills, including proficiency with common Office software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent
Applicants must submit all of the following to be considered for this position:
- A letter of application addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching.
- A detailed résumé or a current curriculum vita that emphasizes educational preparation, professional experience, and abilities related to the position.
Please submit all documents and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org