Medisend has returned more than 160 BMET technicians to work in hospitals and clinics worldwide with the ability to install, repair, maintain and properly use lifesaving biomedical equipment. Medisend College technicians are currently working in 23 developing countries, including Kazakhstan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Liberia, India, Papua New Guinea and in partnerships with the World Health Organization and Mercy Ships, helping to improve the quality of life of families and communities around the world.
To be considered for admission into Medisend College of Biomedical Engineering Technology, applicants must meet the following requirements:
– Online application
– Competency Test
– Proof of graduation from secondary school / high school (12 years of schooling)
– Valid U.S. Visa that allows student to participate in Medisend College Programs
– Photocopy of valid Passport information page
– Medical records with current immunization
– College or University transcripts (if applicable)
Tuition and Fees
Admission Fee: $250
* Please note: Medisend College does not offer scholarships, educational grants or financial aid. Tuition and fees must be paid in advance of enrollment in Medisend College.
Supplemental Fees may include, but are not limited to the following (below list) and are calculated on a case by case basis.
– Round trip international airfare & airport transportation
– Housing / food (furnished apartments includes telephone, WiFi, television and printer)
– Travel health & emergency insurance
– Laptop computer (usage during program)
– Personal care expenses
– Non-emergency medical / dental / vision care
– Medical insurance coverage for preexisting medical conditions
– Personal items such as: clothing, cameras, etc.
– MediSend Mobile Biomedical Equipment Test and Repair Kit™
– Technical school or training in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar curriculum.
– University/college studies in Electrical or Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, Clinical Laboratory Science, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry or similar technical curriculum
– Practical experience in a technical position (i.e. clinical laboratory, radiology and/or biomedical technician) in a hospital setting.
Program Start Dates (BMET and AAS)
Summer Class – July 7th, 2018
Fall I Class – September 24th, 2018
Fall II Class – November 5th, 2018
Winter Class – January 15th, 2019
Spring Class – April 8th, 2019
*Dates are subject to change
Request More Information