The Associate of Applied Science Degree prepares students for technologically advanced job employment and career opportunities in the healthcare industry. It employs Medisend’s innovative boot-camp model of education, including the BMET II Certificate. The Fast-Track Associate Degree Program graduates skilled professionals with the confidence and real-time practical experience required to work successfully in the challenging healthcare industry.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree is comprised of 45 Semester Credit Hours (SCH) of core and advanced technologies (BMET II Certificate) and 15 SCH of General Education. The 45 Semester Credit Hours of specialized biomedical engineering technology courses (BMET II Certificate) are offered directly by Medisend College and taught by Medisend College faculty. General Education courses are offered by Medisend College faculty or may be taken from an accredited institution of higher learning and submitted for transfer credit, subject to approval by the Office of the Registrar. A maximum of 15 Semester Credit Hours of General Education courses may be accepted in transfer.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Student will be able to configure, install, maintain and repair most common medical instrumentation.
a. Student will be able to perform entry level repairs and maintenance on most common medical instrumentation.
b. Student will be able to apply principles of information technology systems to install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot medical devices connected to a networked and/or computer-based system.
c. Student will be able to apply electronic, mathematic and scientific concepts to troubleshoot and identify solutions for medical instruments and medical equipment.
- Student will be able to assess and improve the compliance of medical instrumentation with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Student will be capable of preparing and presenting information about specialized biomedical equipment.
- Student will be able to communicate professionally in a team environment.
- Student will be able to use critical thinking skills to meet workplace goals and objectives.