A Medisend College Senior Instructor is responsible for the planning, delivery and assessment of assigned courses. A Senior Instructor also participates in the development of learning outcomes and new courses, program assessment, academic support services, student project oversight and professional development. A Senior Instructor must also demonstrate quality teaching expertise and curriculum development over a period of at least 5 years.
- Delivery of lectures and laboratories that cover the course objectives as stated on the course syllabus.
- Provide instruction in soft skills expected by the industry, including research for troubleshooting, report writing and presentation and customer communication.
- Develop and prepare new curricula and/or learning outcomes, as needed.
- Modify and maintain current course curriculum to industry needs standards.
- Assess student performance including exams, projects, laboratory assignments and/or homework assignments as outlined on the course syllabus.
- Modify and maintain up-to-date laboratory procedures and standards.
- Maintain laboratory facilities and laboratory supply inventories for laboratories associated with courses taught.
- Assist with Program Review.
- Identify and request new/additional learning resources, as needed.
- Provide academic assistance to students as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise in the field of Biomedical Engineering and pedagogy.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters to college administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology or Electronics or related fields.
- OR an Associate Degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology or Electronics or related fields and 5 years of industry experience.
- 5 years’ experience as an instructor in Biomedical Engineering Technology or Electronics or related fields.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills required.
- Proficiency with common office software and computer networking preferred.
- Must have, or be capable of receiving, vaccinations recommended by CDC.
- Verifiable references.