Designed specifically with military veterans in mind, the Medisend College of Biomedical Engineering Technology (BMET) General Richard B. Myers Veterans Program offers the support and services veterans need to secure a future as a professional biomedical technician.
BMET Program Overview
- Hands-on training – BMET training provided by industry experts in a modern educational setting, using state-of-the-art biomedical engineering equipment.
- Fast-track to a job – Only school in U.S. where students can receive BMET training and certification in 5 months, or an AAS degree in 8 months (compared to 18 months and 2-3 years, respectively, at other schools).
- High standards – Under the guidance of Air Force General Richard B. Myers (4-Star, retired) and 15th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the BMET program is led by a Board of Trustees and Advisory Board comprised of global leaders, healthcare experts and technology innovators.
- Personalized career coaching – Dedicated staff members help veterans leverage existing skills to get a productive educational experience, and provide job placement services – with the highest placement rate in the industry.
- Scholarships – Available to veterans qualified for the BMET Certificate Program and the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program.
To be considered for enrollment in the Medisend College of Biomedical Engineering Technology, candidates must meet these requirements:
- High School diploma (copy)
- College or University transcripts (official)
- Military awarded diplomas (copy)
- Certificate of Eligibility – click here to apply for COE online
Technical school or military training in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar curriculum.
- Military work experience in a technical specialty (e.g. technician, mechanic, electrician, lab specialist, med tech or similar technical specialties).
- College/university studies in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar curriculum.
Tuition and Fees
For information on tuition, fees and VA Benefits, contact:
email@example.com or 214.575.5006 X 112 or X 105
General Richard B. Myers Matching Scholarships
Medisend College – VA Benefits
Medisend College BMET Certificate Program is approved for the following VA Benefits:
Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (chapter 30 of title 38 U.S.C.)
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® – (chapter 33)
Post 9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program – matching scholarships available
Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (chapter 1606 of title 10 U.S.C.)
Reserve Education Assistance Program® (REAP chapter 1607 of titles 10 and 32 U.S.C.)
Post-Vietnam Era Educational Assistance® (chapter 32 of title 10 U.S.C.)
Dependents’ Education Assistance® (chapter 35 of title 38 U.S.C.)
How to Apply for Benefits
For more information, please contact us by phone at 214.575.5006, ext.112 or email (below):