Assistant or Associate Professor or Instructor
Applications are invited for a full-time position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor or Instructor in Biomedical Equipment Technology. The successful candidate will provide academic instruction at the undergraduate level, enhance the current and develop new course curriculum, develop and maintain a research program, advise students, supervise projects, and participate in departmental and school activities. The candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teach and to play an active role in the development of strong educational programs and suitable projects. The criteria for selection of the candidates include proven track record in teaching, healthcare industry experience with emphasis on customer support and conducting hands-on laboratory work, and guiding interdisciplinary design and development projects.
- Teach three or more undergraduate courses in General Medical Devices, Biomedical Electronics and Instrumentation, Medical Imaging and Optics, Clinical Instrumentation Practice, Networking Technologies, Healthcare Technology Management, and Telemedicine and Health Informatics. The courses will have significant hands-on laboratory components in conjunction with lecture sessions and customer support.
- Prepare and develop course curriculum, lab manuals or suitable projects.
- Perform administrative and supervisory work associated with the department.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters and support field activities as requested by management.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies in addition to medical, technical and biomedical developments related to medical products.
- Participate in departmental, school and professional service activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in higher education in biomedical engineering technology, healthcare technology management or related subjects.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in healthcare industry with emphasis on clinical/biomedical, medical physics or healthcare management.
- A terminal degree (Masters or higher) in biomedical/clinical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution and conferred at the time of hire is required.
- Healthcare industry experience, teaching and/or curriculum development experience, customer support, research potential, and ability to work with others are preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use them in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
- Advanced computer and networking knowledge, able to diagnose and repair hardware/software problems.
- Knowledge of organizational development, team management and technical, medical and financial subjects are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.
Applicants must submit all of the following to be considered for this position:
- A letter of application addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities, and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching.
- A detailed résumé or a current curriculum vita that emphasizes educational preparation, professional experience, and abilities related to the position.