MediSend International has joined the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) as a supporting partner of Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) Week 2012. This annual celebration— which will be held May 20–26, 2012—is designed to raise awareness of and appreciation for the critical work of healthcare technology management professionals, including biomedical equipment technicians, clinical engineers, imaging specialists, and others who protect patient safety and reduce healthcare costs.
The following is a list of the organizations that have joined AAMI as supporting partners for HTM Week 2012:
- ACCE (American College of Clinical Engineering)
- AST (Association of Surgical Technologists)
- Biomedical Engineering Society of Texas
- California Medical Instrumentation Association
- CHIME (College of Healthcare Information Management Executives)
- East Tennessee Biomedical Association
- ECRI Institute
- Florida Biomedical Society
- Gateway Biomedical Society
- Georgia Biomedical Instrumentation Society
- Healthcare Technology Foundation
- IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management)
- Indiana Biomedical Society
- MediSend International
- North Texas Biomedical Association
- Virginia Biomedical Association
- Washington State Biomedical Association
“We are proud to partner with so many outstanding organizations on this great and worthy annual celebration,” says AAMI President Mary Logan. “It’s particularly gratifying that several groups outside of the traditional HTM sphere have decided to join the effort as well.”
Each weekday during HTM Week 2012, AAMI and its Technology Management Council (TMC) will hold a special event or recognition in honor of the celebration. For example:
- On Monday, May 21, AAMI President Mary Logan will distribute a special message to members of the HTM field kick off the week. The message will include several complimentary resources, and will be posted on AAMI’s website.
- On Tuesday, May 22, AAMI will announce the winner of this year’s TMC Best Practices Award. The department that wins this award will also be honored at AAMI 2012 in Charlotte, NC.
- On Wednesday, May 23, AAMI and ECRI Institute will host a free webinar on strengthening the HTM profession at 12:00 Noon Eastern.
- On Thursday, May 24, the facility that best celebrates Healthcare Technology Management Week 2012 will be announced.
- Finally, on Friday, May 25, AAMI will announce the recipient of the 2012 AAMI/GE Healthcare BMET of the Year Award. The person who wins this award will also be honored at AAMI 2012 in Charlotte, NC.
For more information on Healthcare Technology Management Week, including resources to help you celebrate, go to http://www.aami.org/meetings/htmweek/ .