Medisend has returned more than 140 BMET graduates to work in hospitals and clinics worldwide with the ability to maintain and repair, install and properly use lifesaving biomedical equipment.
Medisend graduates are currently working in 21 countries including Papua New Guinea, Peru, Colombia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone where they are helping to rebuild the countries’ healthcare infrastructure following the Ebola epidemic.
Candidates are typically sponsored by Corporations, Governments, Ministries of Health, organizations such as the World Health Organization, and individuals.
The BMET Certificate Program is unique in its offering. Students who complete the accelerated 832 Clock Hour Program are eligible for 36 semester credit hours and an industry based BMET Certificate, the entry point to job opportunities in the healthcare industry. The BMET Certificate Program is also a direct pathway to the Associate Degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology. The BMET Certificate Program utilizes a comprehensive, hands-on, career-oriented curriculum. The Program can be completed in as little as 5 months.
*Dates are subject to change
To be considered for enrollment in the International Program at Medisend College of Biomedical Engineering Technology, candidates must meet these requirements:
- Online application
- Competency Test
- Speak, read and understand English fluently
- Have graduated from secondary school /high school (12 years of schooling)
- Valid U.S Visa
- Photocopy of valid Passport information page
- High School diploma (copy)
- Medical records with current immunization
- Letters of recommendation
- College or University transcripts (copy)
- Technical school or training in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar curriculum.
- University/college studies in Electrical or Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, Clinical Laboratory Science, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry or similar technical curriculum
- Practical experience in a technical position (i.e. clinical laboratory, radiology and/or biomedical technician) in a hospital setting
* Medisend College does not offer financial aid, scholarships or educational grants.
- Round trip international airfare & airport transportation
- Housing / food (furnished apartments includes telephone, wifi, television and printer)
- Travel health & emergency insurance
- Laptop computer (usage during program)
- Backpack and all required supplies
- Personal care expenses
- Non-emergency medical / dental / vision care
- Medical insurance coverage for preexisting medical conditions
- Personal items such as: clothing, cameras, etc.
- MediSend Mobile Biomedical Equipment Test and Repair Kit