Military and Veterans Center
"Medisend College and The General Richard B. Myers Veterans Program are dedicated to assisting veterans in their pursuit of higher education. We appreciate the sacrifice you have made for our country and are committed to providing you with high quality education, viable job opportunities and the potential for a lifetime of financial security. We are committed to your success and will support you every step of the way."
Designed specifically with military veterans in mind, the General Richard B. Myers Veterans Program offers the support and services veterans need to secure a future as a professional biomedical technician.
- Hands-on training – BMET and AAS education and training provided by industry experts in a modern laboratories with full suite of medical equipment found in today’s modern hospitals.
- Fast-track to a job
- BMET Certificate Program in as little as 5 months
- Associate Degree of Applied Science in as little as 7 months (compared to 2 years in a typical US college)
- High standards – Under the guidance of Air Force General Richard B. Myers (4-Star, retired) and 15th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Medisend’s Programs are designed in collaboration with global healthcare leaders, healthcare experts and technology innovators.
- Career Opportunities – The challenging boot-camp style training programs at the Medisend College quickly propels students into career opportunities. Our dedicated staff help veterans leverage existing skills to get a productive educational experience, and provide job placement services.
- Matching Scholarships – Available to veterans qualified for the BMET Certificate Program, AAS Program and the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program.
Medisend College and its educational Programs are approved for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Program. If you qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program all tuition costs are covered by: Post 9/11 GI Bill® + Yellow Ribbon Program + General Richard B. Myers Matching Grant.
Only Veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate of 100%, as determined by service requirements, or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty Servicemembers and their spouses are not eligible for this program.
The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill® that can help students attend expensive private schools at little or no cost to themselves.
Normally, Post-9/11 GI Bill® payments at private schools are limited to a national maximum amount by law, currently $22,905.34. Although that amount changes every year, it seldom covers the full tuition and fees that private schools charge for enrollment.
For information on how the Yellow Ribbon Program can help you fund tuition under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® please follow the link: Yellow Ribbon Program
The BMET Certificate Program is unique in its offering. Students who complete the accelerated 832 Clock Hour Program are eligible for 36 semester credit hours and an industry based BMET Certificate, the entry point to job opportunities in the healthcare industry. The BMET Certificate Program is also a direct pathway to the Associate Degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology. The BMET Certificate Program utilizes a comprehensive, hands-on, career-oriented curriculum. The Program can be completed in as little as 5 months.
*Dates are subject to change
To be considered for enrollment in the Medisend College of Biomedical Engineering Technology, candidates must meet these requirements:
- Online Application
- Complete Competency Test
- No prior criminal record
- Proof of high school graduation
- College or University transcripts (official)
- Military awarded diplomas (copy)
- Certificate of Eligibility – click here to apply for COE online
The following are recommended prior education, background skills and experiences.
- Technical school or military training in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar curriculum.
- Military work experience in a technical specialty (e.g. technician, mechanic, electrician, lab specialist, med tech or similar technical specialties).
- College/university studies in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar curriculum.
The AAS Program and the BMET Certificate Program are approved for VA Benefits:
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® (chapter 33)
Yellow Ribbon Program
Montgomery GI Bill®- Active Duty (chapter 30 of title 38 U.S.C.)
Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve (chapter 1606 of title 10 U.S.C.)
Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP chapter 1607 of titles 10 and 32 U.S.C.)
Post-Vietnam Era Educational Assistance (chapter 32 of title 10 U.S.C.)
Dependents' Education Assistance (chapter 35 of title 38 U.S.C.)
How to Apply for Benefits
- To apply for new VA benefits, click here.
- To find out what benefits you are qualified for, click here.
- To inquire about Vocational Rehabilitation benefits, please call 214.575.5006 x 105
Certificate of Eligibility – click here to apply for COE online