A Medisend College Associate Instructor is responsible for the delivery and assessment of assigned courses. An Associate Instructor also participates in program assessment, academic support services, student project oversight and professional development.
- Delivery of lectures and laboratories that cover the course objectives as stated on the course syllabus.
- Provide instruction in soft skills expected by the industry, including research for troubleshooting, report writing and presentation and customer communication.
- Help prepare and develop new curricula.
- Assist with modification and maintenance of current course curriculum to industry needs standards.
- Assess student performance including exams, projects, laboratory assignments and/or homework assignments as outlined on the course syllabus.
- Follow laboratory procedures and standards.
- Maintain laboratory facilities and laboratory supply inventories for laboratories associated with courses taught.
- Assist with Program Review.
- Identify and request new/additional learning resources, as needed.
- Provide academic assistance to students as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise in the field of Biomedical Engineering, and develop and improve pedagogical expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering Technology or Electronics or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Teaching experience in Biomedical Engineering Technology or Electronics or related fields preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills required.
- Proficiency with common office software and computer networking preferred.
- Must have, or be capable of receiving, vaccinations recommended by CDC.
- Verifiable references.