Priority placement will be given to “Post 9-11-2001” Veterans.
To be considered for enrollment in the Veterans Biomedical Equipment Technology Program™, candidates must meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Score 70% or higher on the MediSend Entrance Exam covering general science, physics, basic electronic components and circuits, algebra and mathematics
- Have a High School Diploma and have successfully completed the following courses: Math, Algebra, and Biology with a grade of C or better on a scale of A-C (A=100%, C=70%)
- And one of the following:
- Completed at least two years of university/college studies in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar curriculum
- Completed any technical school or military training (beyond high school) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Healthcare Services or similar curriculum
- One year Military work experience in a technical specialty (e.g. repairer, technician, mechanic, electrician, machinist, operator, medical laboratory specialist, medical technician or similar technical specialties)
- Be 22 years of age or older
- Have proof of military service and discharge under honorable conditions
- Ability to participate in a six-month intensive training program in Dallas, Texas.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Have no prior criminal record